Senior Vice President, Global Ergonomist, Marsh Risk Consulting
Summary of Qualifications
Jeff is a board-certified ergonomist and well-known problem solver. He leverages his vast human factors/ergonomics skill set with clients to deploy initiatives that align business requirements with safe, efficient and sustainable processes. To date, Jeff has worked with 84% of the Fortune 1000. The strategic partnerships he develops routinely deliver a reduction in injuries with a significant financial impact.
- Leads the Marsh ergonomics strategic sales process in which he monitors targets, sales, progress, growth and results.
- Develops and deploys initiatives and proposals for all ergonomics services.
- Works with management to identify ergonomics improvement projects, cost justification and project impact.
- Develops lean/ergomic tools to quantify, track and manage ergonomic improvement, including ergonomics risk assessments, safety checklists, design guidelines, best practice web applications and kaizen management databases.
- Inspires and leads cross-functional teams to apply ergonomic tools/methodologies to complete assigned projects.
- Works with engineers and vendors to bid, contract, prototype, install and perfect ergonomic equipment.
- Manages projects across a broad range of customer needs and geographies.
- Coordinates and manages the integration between lean and safety initiatives.
- Aids in the implementation and compliance for basic OSHA safety requirements.
Jeff has spent more than 25 years in ergonomics risk consulting, helping Fortune 1000 companies develop, deploy, integrate and manage effective and sustainable ergonomics, safety and lean production processes.
Prior to joining Marsh, Jeff founded Risk Management Group, an ergonomics consulting group that developed industry-leading ergonomic risk assessment tools and strategies to manage risk exposures. As a problem solver, inventor and innovator, Jeff has helped organizations identify and implement thousands of cost-effective workplace improvements, saving millions of dollars in cycle time reduction, improving injury prevention efforts and introducing quality enhancements.
Jeff has delivered more than 1,800 seminars and trained more than 20,000 people. He regularly shares his expertise and motivational skills at regional and national conferences. Jeff has contributed to more than a dozen training manuals and reference guides which have been translated into several languages.
Additionally, Jeff is a past content contributor to Compliance magazine, Pro-Remodeler magazine, the Nashville Business Journal, the Tennessean newspaper and EHS Today. Jeff is the founder of Music4TNKids, a not-for-profit community organization that helps keep music in Nashville schools.
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- Certified Six-Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Lean Manufacturing Practitioner
- Member, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Member, Institute for Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- BS in industrial engineering, University of Michigan
- Continuing education courses through the University of Michigan, Harvard and NIOSH
- Member for
- 4 years 5 months